- Take a walk - Whether you take a stroll through the neighborhood or at the local park, walking with your family can improve your physical and mental health.
- Cook a healthy meal together - Kids learn their eating habits from watching the adults around them. By cooking a healthy meal together you are teaching them to prepare healthy meals for themselves and having an enjoyable bonding experience.
- Play a game - Playing a physical game such as basketball can improve your physical health. Playing a board game or card game together can improve your mental health by spending time together.
- Keep it Fun - Many people like to compete when it comes to health and fitness, but keep it fun and lighthearted. If you make it too much of a competition your kids may become disinterested.
- Get the kids involved - Ask your kids to suggest a health and fitness activity. Them may have learned a new game at school that they want to share with you.
Whatever you decide to do, have fun with it. Try to make time in your schedule to work on fitness and health as a family. Make it a priority. What you teach your kids now about health and fitness will stick with them, so plant those seeds now.