School safety doesn't have to be a scary subject. Basic safety tips can keep your kids safe.
The National Safety Council gives the following advice about school safety:
- safely share the roads with school buses, pedestrians and bicyclists
- backpacks that are too heavy can harm your child
- lookout for playground dangers
- be careful playing sports, know the risks of concussions
- bus safety, take caution while boarding, riding, and exiting the bus
- head up, phone down, pay attention where you are walking
- be sure your teen drivers aren't distracted
Visit National Safety Council Back to School Safety website to learn more and be safe out there.